Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I was nominated as a Senator

I was nominated as a Senator

I recently received a letter from Dr. Martin Martinez, chairman of the National Electoral Committee of Ang Kapatiran Party and Eric Manalang, president of the party, informing me, among others, that my humble self was nominated as a Senator by a concerned citizen. Frankly, I was on cloud nine and could only thank in prayer the citizen who nominated me.

I read carefully the founding principles and platform of AKP and its Code of Conduct. The party calls for the building of a nation of character. It urges the integral development of the Filipinos through values formation. The language used is without embellishment with quotes like “Abolish all forms of gambling,” and “Abolish the death penalty.” The party works towards an ideal society where the citizens are sovereign and that there is no room for the ambitious, greedy, and tyrannical politicians.

I opine that the target “constituencies” of AKP are those Filipinos who believe in ethical and servant leadership. Many are disgruntled about the present crop of leadership in this country and they want a nationwide moral change. Personally, AKP provides an additional and an alternative spectrum in our political field challenging our voters to exercise their judgment within the bounds of reason and morality as to what political parties can best respond to the needs of our times.

After consulting with my wife, relatives and friends, I made the decision: I accepted the nomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment